Friday, December 5, 2008

Decision Time

It's time here for 09/10 school year sign up which means I have to commit to what school we are sending Preston too and what schedule I want Maren on so I can get work done.

I researched for an entire year and stumbled across the perfect Kindergarten to send P to, it has everything - full day, music, art, small class size, bus service etc etc but its in the next town over which is a BIG bus ride for me (not so much for him I'm sure)! I think it will do wonders for him and I'm so excited to see him turn 5, it feels like just this week he has come home and started talking storybooks about his life.

Maren grows cuter by the day and therefor I plan on sending her to 3 days of afternoon preschool. She does so well at the social aspect of school that we figure the "school" aspect of school should pick up sooner or later.

It will be very odd taking just one kid to preschool. I was so used to carting Maren when taking Preston and now this year taking both and soon just Maren. Then we will spend our time standing at the end of the cul de sac waiting for Preston's bus!

It will be so amazing to remember this time spent with the kids and watching them grow up and learn the ins and outs of life.

I'm one to freely admit I get to busy and too wrapped up in silly yet important things. The other night I did nothing but kid stuff - silly but healthy dinner, fun, colorful baths, 1 solid hour of story telling and almost watching them fall asleep. I forget what a stress reliever being with kids is, they remind you are of the newness of life.

Things overall are good but busy as it is for most people this time of year. We have had a steady stream of light snow and lots of "things" going on. This weekend we are ready for a visit to Santa and his Reindeer with a chance to make cookies with Santa and maybe see Cinderella. Stay tuned for many pictures of this adventure which takes place on a town just above us on Lake Minnetonka.

Then of course we will be ice skating, Preston has asked everyday since last Sunday when we would be going again. Someone on the other cul de sac that borders our pond snowblowed it off and he has barely been able to contain himself so I'm sure beside out normal Sunday free skate I will be bundling myself up to venture to the pond.

I'm off to read and try and unwind from the week, I love the nights when the whole house is lite by nothing by Christmas lights and everything is quite.

No comments: