Monday, December 1, 2008

Nana came, saw and captured

the hearts of both kids! Much like Grandma before her we will endure several days of getting back to normal. Tears will be shed, both kids will need to entertain themselves while I cook dinner and of course my version of any nursery rhyme will be sub-par for at least 3 wks.



It was a wonderful weekend full of good friends, good food and good memories! Thanksgiving dinner went off without a hitch and it was a grand slam! I would have to say the grand prize winner was the Chocolate Cheesecake, like any recipe I made many changes so if you want my version come over for coffee! I have no pics of my beautiful Thanksgiving table because I tore my intercostal muscles (the muscles in between your ribs)so breathing was a chore, in between cooking and painkillers I had no time for pictures! Here's the kids shoveling snow instead.





The kids made frosted sugar cookies with Nana, took many walks looking for Santa's elves in the forest and were able to show off their ice skating skills! It was Maren's first time and she did good and slightly enjoyed it. Preston on the other hand, had to be pried from the ice. This was his second time and the kid can pick up some speed! Our vision for the kids has been to expose them to many different sports, activities and hobbies so they can pick their passion. Want to bet at this rate my kid picks the priciest? I saw the real prices of skates at Play it again Sports when I went to buy used skates - OUCH!!







Look for Preston's ice skating pics or even a video next week (we skate every Sunday).

To wrap it up, this is Maren singing Rudolph to one of two singing reindeer that only sleep when the kids sleep.

No comments: