Sunday, August 24, 2008

Homemade Pizza

I wish I would have remember to take a picture last night (so you might have to deal with leftover pics). I have been making homemade pizza's on the grill for a few years now but last night I decided to try a homemade sauce. GR's Uncle Greg brought us a bunch of tomatoes and I had quite a few from my CSA box so I figured why not (I also had a plan old jar brand in case I really goofed).

I basically sauted some garlic and good olive oil, then added my cubed tomatoes (no seeds but skin on), fresh basil and oregano and let it simmer. Halfway through I added a bit of sugar, salt and pepper and then once done I blended it and let it simmer for 30 min.

GR thought it was too basil-y (he actually said it tasted like a garden) so I added a bit more sugar and then it was a bit too sweet but all in all edible!

I will say the crust turned out perfect last night, I think because it was cool and for once not humid!

leftover homemade grill pizza (and sauce)

Photobucket

They really are much prettier right when they come off the grill and the whole pizza is still cooling on the peel.

No comments: