Sunday, August 10, 2008

Summer Fun

Just a quick post to catch everyone up on the summer fun here! The kids love the outdoors so we spend plenty of time outside playing, swimming, taking walks or just relaxing. The first pictures are from our zoo trip, which was very successful. We still plan on going to the Children's Museum and a farm with the normal pool trips also.

The kids are doing well with swimming lessons so we will probably take another set during the winter to help them continue to learn and improve. Preston also enjoyed soccer so much (GR was his coach) that we are doing a 6 wk training camp in the fall. Maren will start gymnastics once she turns 3, we think she might enjoy this since she is our "lil monkey"!

Nana (GR's mom) is here this weekend so we are just hanging around and playing with the kids and eating. Friday night we made homemade pizza on the grill, last night we had Creamy Coleslaw, Baked Beans, Roasted Sweet Potatoes and veggie hamburgers. Tonight I have Cucumber Salad, Pasta Salad and Cheesesteaks (without the steak) on the grill.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I'm excited for fall (my fav time of the year) to experience the cooler weather and lovely bits of fall (leaves, warm cooking and chill in the air). I'm also thrilled to have the kids going back to school, I feel like they have grown so much with me over the summer I'm excited to have their wonderful preschool teachers add to the mix. Plus I have a couple retail consulting projects lined up that I can work on from home while the kids are at school, I'm thrilled to have some projects of my own to focus on!

No comments: